Note: President Rodrigo Duterte signs Bayanihan to Heal As One Act into law on March 24, 2020. bit.ly/39eUHEv
Reposting from Dean Ada Abad
DISCLAIMER: Hindi akin ito. I just reposted kasi sabi nga niya “copy paste, no need for attribution”. Pero alam ng mga younger batch sa UP Law kung sino yan, hahaha. Sorry I was not monitoring FB kasi and just found out when someone texted. Pero agree ako sa lahat ng sinabi niya, kahit side remarks, hahaha. At super-lab ko itong batang ito.
Here are the actual “powers” granted to the President under the Senate version (which the House also adopted this morning):
1. Streamlining of accreditation of test kits (hello, FDA 👋)
2. Prompt testing of PUIs and PUMs (so dapat walang namamatay sa COVID nang hindi nate-test!)
3. Compulsory and immediate isolation and treatment of patients (so dapat bawal na pauwiin na lang)
4. PHILHEALTH coverage for all COVID-19 treatments (so dapat ba covered ng Philhealth kahit di ka official member? hintayin ang guidelines)
5. Emergency subsidy of P5,000 to P8,000 to 18 million low income households all over the country
6. Special Risk Allowance for all public health workers on in addition to the hazard pay (dapat lang cos buhay nila ang nakataya)
7. PHILHEALTH coverage for all public and private health workers in case of COVID19 exposure (ibid.)
8. Cash compensation of P100,000 to public and private health workers who may contract severe COVID-19 infection on duty, and P1 million to public and private health workers who may die fighting the COVID-19 epidemic. (this is retroactive so covered yung mga health workers na namatay since Feb 1)
9. Ensure compliance of LGUs while still respecting their autonomy (I call this the Vivico provision 💕)
10. Limited take-over with proper compensation of the following if they unjustifiably refuse or are incapable of operating during the COVID-19 crisis:
– private hospitals
– establishments for the purpose of housing health workers
– transportation for frontliners
(Wala na yung general take over kasi weird naman talaga yun)
11. Enforce anti-hoarding and profiteering measures for food, clothing, medical supplies etc (dapat hulihin rin yung mga yayamanin na nag-hoard for their personal over consumption e no)
12. Ensure that donation of health products are not delated (hello FDA uli 👋)
13. Priority procurement, allocation and distribution of medical goods such as test kits, PPEs, medical devices (i.e. mechanical ventilators), and medicines (i.e. vaccines) (#MassTestingNowPH)
14. Allocation of these medical goods to COVID-19 referral hospitals (PGH, Lung Center, JRM, private hospitals with COVID 19 patients) (so hospitals, pag di kayo nakatanggap, kasalanan na po ng Presidente)
15. Engage volunteer health workers who shall get compensation + hazard pay (pinush talaga ang sandamakmak na benefits for health workers. Dun man lang, makabayad tayo. Thank you frontliners!)
16. Availability of credit and lower interest rates for production
17. Incentives to manufacturers/importers of healthcare supplies
18. Ensure supply chain of food and medicine (reasonably necessary measures daw so ito dapat bantayan sa IATF guidelines)
19. Regulate transportation and traffic (to make the quarantine effective at para tanggalin ang mga OA na checkpoints)
20. Authorize alternative work arrangements for both government and private sector (na current status naman na)
21. Additional budget from the Executive Department for DOH, UP PGH, calamity fund, DOLE for the displaced workers, DTI Livelihood Seeding Program, DA Rice Farmers Financial Assistance, DEPED School Based Feeding Program (di ko gets to kasi wala naman pasok sa school? haha), DSWD Assistance to Individuals in Crisis Situations, LGUs, Quick Response Funds. (Executive funds lang gamit dito so no transfers between branches which is prohibited under the Consti. Yung mga Executive items na mawawalan ng budget, pwede daw irevive within 2 fiscal years)
22. Use of Special Purpose Funds for COVID-19 response (so yung mga pork at lump sums na pinag-awayan ng matagal mapunta lang sa veerus haha)
23. Move statutory deadlines for filing of any legal document (so covered na dito ang tax. Court deadlines kaya?)
24. Moratorium for all loans including personal, housing, motor vehicle, credit cards falling due within the period of quarantine for a minimum of 30 days without penalties, interests and other fees (so pwedeng di muna magbayad ng utang for 30 days. Pero yung utang mo sa kapitbahay mo bayaran mo na para maka-utang ka uli. At yung sa ex mo bayaran mo na para makamove on na kayo pareho)
25. Residential rent freeze for 30 days without penalties, interests, and other fees (tutal di ka naman pwedeng magtago sa landlord mo kasi saan ka e-eskapo gurl)
26. Lift the 30% limit on the Quick Response Fund (wag lang talaga magkaroon ng additional delubyo on top of the veerus kasi paano na)
27. Report to Congress the amounts, realignment of funds every Monday of the week. (haha gudlak sa gagawa ng budget kaya mo ba)
28. Impose penalties on LGUs, hospitals/establishments under item 10 above, hoarders and profiteers, mga landlords na naniningil pa rin, mga nagpautang na ayaw maghintay ng 30 days, at mga tayo ng tayo ng checkpoint na hindi naman kailangan.
29. Effectivity of these powers were clipped from an indefinite “2 months or longer” to “3 months, unless extended by Congress”.
So unbridled powers nga ba ang binigay? O dagdag trabaho? Haha. 😉 The final version does declare a state of emergency but it is more fiscal than anything. Binigay na ang lahat ng pondo at mga ideas kung paano gagamitin ang pondo sa Pangulo. Kung hindi pa rin niya matugunan ang COVID-19 na ito, aba e call na niya yun.
Dapat actually may #30: Bawal mag-speech kung hindi pa nagagawa ang # 1-29. Char.
Like any other political story, there are a lot of versions to the emergency powers. Dahil work from home tayo lahat ngayon, we have the obligation to monitor these powers-na-naging-duties and see to it that the spirit of the law is followed.
Read and understand. Then obey. Bawal blind obedience. Hindi naman kayo sasabitan ng medal ng veerus. 🥇
EDIT: copy paste niyo na lang mga ka-quarantine. no need for attribution. 😊
Related Story: Duterte approves bill granting him special powers to tackle COVID-19 crisis | CNN Philippines